The goal of this fund is to provide financial assistance for emergency vet care to families in need. We understand that, unfortunately, accidents happen. Dogs eat something they aren’t supposed to, or they get injured while running around the yard. Many families are unable to afford emergency vet care in these situations and are faced with having to find a rescue to surrender their dog to, or worse, having to make the decision to put the dog to sleep because they cannot afford the care.
Rescue Pit is committed to setting aside 10% of our quarterly donations to help assist families faced with these tough decisions. The majority of awards will not be able to cover the entire cost of the vet care but should provide some relief.
To be considered, please fill out the form below, and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
- Dog must be spayed or neutered
- Applicant must provide evidence that assistance is necessary
- Applicant must provide some of the funding
- Applicant has explored other alternatives to afford vet care
- Funds awarded will be paid directly to the veterinarian providing care
- Rescue Pit will not provide funds to GoFundMe or other online crowdsourcing websites
- Rescue Pit will not distribute funds directly to the applicant