The goal of this fund is to provide financial assistance for emergency vet care to families in need. We understand that, unfortunately, pets get sick or accidents happen and many families are unable to afford emergency vet care in these situations. They are faced with the difficult choice between surrendering their dog to a rescue or having to put their beloved companion to sleep due to the cost for medical care.
Rescue Pit is committed to setting aside 5% of our quarterly donations to help assist families faced with these tough decisions. The Community Fund will be used towards medical costs for life-saving treatment, voluntary spay/neuters, or other procedures approved by the Board.This does not include diagnostic testing or any basic care such as vaccinations but may include spay/neuter if the dog has not already been altered prior to treatment. It will also not cover non-basic, non-urgent care such as long term treatments for cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc.
To be considered, please fill out the application below, and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
- Dog must reside within the greater Rochester area
- Dog must be up to date with all vaccinations and in otherwise good health
- Dog must be spayed or neutered, or applicant willing to have dog spayed or neutered
- Applicant must provide evidence that financial assistance is necessary
- Applicant must provide at least 50% of the funding
- Applicant must provide written documentation from the veterinarian stating diagnosis and estimated cost of treatment.
- Fund will be in the amount of 50%, up to $500
- Funds awarded will be paid directly to the veterinarian providing care
- Rescue Pit will not provide funds to GoFundMe or other online crowdsourcing websites
- Rescue Pit will not distribute funds directly to the applicant
- Community Fund resources will not be provided to other rescues or organizations