Are you ready to welcome a four-legged friend into your family? Fantastic! Before you begin your journey, please take a moment to check out our adoption process and requirements so everything can proceed smoothly!
Phase 1: Approval
- Fill out and complete an adoption application online
- Board receives, reviews, and responds to the application within 48 hours
- Schedule a home visit upon application approval
- If all goes well and home visit report is approved, move on to Phase 2
Phase 2: Mutual Selection
- Set up a meet and greets with family and resident animals
- Work with the Board to determine best fit, move on to Phase 3
Phase 3: Foster-to-Adopt Period
- Live with the dog chosen for two weeks
- Finalize adoption
- Applicant must be willing and able to make a lifetime commitment to a dog.
- Applicant must not live in a city or town where Breed Specific Legislation is in effect.
- Renters must provide written consent from current landlord that dogs of any breed/size/age are allowed.
- Home owners must provide proof of insurance that covers pit bull type dogs.
- Applicants must agree to never use shock collars, prong collars, electric fencing, or any similar device.
- Applicants must agree to only use positive reinforcement training methods.
- Approved applicants must agree to all terms stated in the adoption contract.
Please keep in mind that applications are not treated in a first-come, first-served fashion. Every dog in our care has a very specific personality and we will do our very best to make sure he or she goes to the family that fits this personality the best. If we feel that the dog listed in the application is not the best fit, we may recommend another dog in our rescue that we feel will better match your family’s lifestyle.
All adoptable dogs of Rescue Pit are fully vaccinated, spayed/neutered, microchipped, well socialized, and have been cared for in a loving foster home.
A non-refundable adoption donation is required for every dog in our care. This may be paid via PayPal, cash, or check.